Monday, May 14, 2007

The prizes thus far for each $10.00 donated (if you donate more than $10.00 you will be put in the draw for each $10.00) to the Relay for Life. Up above, a skein of Fleece Artist sock yarn. This is a full skein with the ballband. On the back of the band is Fleece Artist's basic sock pattern. I can't find a colour name or number for it though and this colourway doesn't seem to be up on their site anymore either.

10 skeins of Briggs and Little's Heritage in their Anniversary Twist 25th anniversary colour. Each skein has 196m/215yds for a grand total of 1960m/2150yds. The gauge is written as 17sts = 4" on 5mm (US 8) needles. There is enough here for a cute coat or sweater.
Three skeins of Plassard 100% Silk overdyed by me. This is a matte type of silk and isn't as smooth and slippery as most silks are. It is very nice to knit with and hard to turn into a knotty snarled mess. There is a total of 285m/312yds. It is a very drapey yarn and would make a beautiful scarf.

I also have A Season's Tale by Kim Hargreaves up for grabs. If you click on the link you'll be taken to a page where you can see the patterns that are inside.

I have some offers to donate more prizes so keep checking back, you just may see something you love in the draw. I am also working on a few things for some draws for anyone who donates including those who can't donate $10.00 or more. Every amount goes directly to the Relay and will be used to help fund research and support programs for people and their families who are already dealing with cancer so no amount is too small. I know how it is to be in a bind and wanting to help but not being able to. If you can't help with money, please pass on my link or post it on your blog. That is worth just as much.

Edited to Add: If you don't have paypal or don't like dealing with them, send me an e-mail requesting an alternate way to donate and I can e-mail you a link to my personal page on the Canadian Cancer Society's website. Your donation will automatically count toward the total on that page, but I will check in and add it to the total in the sidebar here.

Also, until I figure out what I messed up, please use the Paypal button in the sidebar instead of the one in the post below. It doesn't work.

Thanks to all.

No comments: