Friday, June 1, 2007

New prizes and an overview also a linkfest.

There is exactly one week to go until the Relay and I am now nearly halfway to my goal. Thanks to shout outs from people and from all of you who stopped by to donate to a great cause. So far it's looking to be a cold weekend during the Relay, but I am Canadian and I can hack it. Not that I won't whine, just that I can take it with the application of wool.

I got a few great prizes in the mail yesterday and I found a couple more in my stash.

Category #1 = The everyone draw. The names of everyone who donates go into a hat one time. You can only win once in this category. So far there are 7 names being drawn from that hat. The prizes (two new ones) are:


1. Two skeins of S.R. Kertzer's Truffles (virgin wool cashmere blend) in either pink or grey.

2. Two skeins of S.R. Kertzer's Truffles (virgin wool cashmere blend) in either grey or pink (which ever is left after the first name drawn chooses).

3. A photo of your choice from my Flickr set in a size specified by the winner up to 8x10.

4. Same as 3.

5. Same as 3.

6. One skein of Noro Silk Garden in blues and greens. I made a Santa Cruz hat pattern as written and a pair of wristers in the same stitch pattern from one skein.


7: One giant ball of Bernat Handicrafter worsted weight cotton in their Blue Grass colourway. I believe you can get seven dishcloths with this stuff. I made the Baby Kimono from the Mason-Dixon book with a ball of this and still had nearly two thirds of a ball left.

Category #2 = Everyone who donates $10.00 or more. The names go into the hat one time for each $10.00 donated. This means you can win more than one prize. The prizes are as follows (two new ones):



1: Fleece Artist sock yarn (colourway unknown - there are closer photos of it on this post.)

2: Lorna's Laces sock yarn in Flamingo and sock bag donated by Cynthia (sock bag made by Jen of Cafe Crafty).


3: Two skeins Sheep Shop One donated by Suzanne (the second photo on this post). She will throw in the pattern for her Luna scarf if you would like it.

4: Socks That Rock sock yarn in Midsummer Night and sock bag also donated by Cynthia (sock bag also done by Jen of Cafe Crafty). Beautiful stuff this.


5: Two skeins of Dorchester Farms (no website, regular vendor at Mass. S&W) sock yarn also donated by Suzanne (first photo on this post)

6: 2 skeins of Rabbitworks Fibre Studio's "After the Party" colourway donated by Rabbitch (bigger photo here)

7: 10 skeins of Briggs and Little's Heritage in their Anniversary Twist colour (better photo here scroll down to last two photos) more than enough to make a sweater or fall coat.

8: A Season's Tale by Kim Hargreaves. A book of 35 patterns written for Rowan yarns. There are some beautiful patterns in here.

There were three skeins of a matte silk from Elann that I had overdyed, but when I started knitting my ISE 4 scarf with the skeins I had kept for that purpose, it turned my hands Terra Cotta (the colour I used to dye them) and although I have tried setting the dye repeatedly, it still bleeds like a squashed blackfly every time I try knitting with it so I pulled it from the prize pool. It isn't much of a prize like it is. I'm working on something else to replace it that you would actually be happy you won.

My link button is smokin' now and I have more baking to do before the garage/bake sale tomorrow so peruse the prizes, decide if and how much you would like to donate and giterdun! One week left!

Also seems to be my favourite word today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paypal won't let me log in from this blog or my usual way. Could you send me a reminder later?
thanks

Anonymous said...

I just came here via Femiknitmafia and made a donation. I went a little over to cover the paypal fee, in case you are wondering about the odd donation amount. Good luck!

Teresa C
peteresacampbell@comcast.net